Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Do you ever wonder . . .

why me? I mean, really. Why do bad things have to happen to good people? I'm not saying that I want bad things to happen to bad people -- but. . . It's funny that I'm finding it hard to follow my own advice. I'm the one who will try to get others to see the 'bright' side of things. I'm the one with plenty of words of encouragement. I'm the one who will try to convince others that things could be worse. Now that I need that same type of uplift, I'm not feeling it. I don't want to be at work and I don't want to go home. I don't want to drive around either -- not with gas being $2.85 cents a gallon. Maybe if I had some shoes like Dorothy I could click my heels and just go somewhere -- not 'home', but maybe some place where there's no drama - from males or females. No one trying to outdo anyone else. No gossip or dishonesty. No jealousy or envy. And definitely no overdraft fees. Yeah, that would cheer me up!

2 comments:

greggy said...

whenever I am faced with scenarios where the question "Why me?" pops up, I always defeat it with the question "Why not me?". Remember God will never bring us to a place where He knows we can not get through or a situation where we will not have the strength to succeed. Yes indeed I say to all my issues, problems, and inconveniences..."I aint scared of you, bring it on...for through Christ my ability to overcome is far grerater than any possibilty that I might be defeated or fail".

Remember...you are loved!

tan247 said...

G - Thank you so much for your words of wisdom. Its good to hear from you :). Be blessed.