Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Duped by Wal-Mart?

If you were one of the unfortunate victims who showed up at a Wal-Mart store in the wee hours of the morning, hoping to purchase a laptop only to find that they only had about 4 or 5 in stock (o.k. - a bit of an exaggeration) then click on the link below to make your frustration known.

http://walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStoresWeb/navigate.do?catg=224

I just had to let them know about my disgust with their unethical business practices -- even though I did not disturb my sleep by waking up before daybreak and heading out into the cold morning air to get to a store where there would more than likely be difficulty finding a parking spot within 1 block of the store. However, on behalf of one of my best girlfriends and one of my favorite bloggers (who loves to 'jus write'), Wal-Mart has recently received my opinion of their after-Thanksgiving Day Laptop Sale Scam. Hey, I'm just calling it what it was.

3 comments:

Nandi Yaa said...

Awwww, I feel so . . . supported. LOL I'm gonna complain too. Not like it'll change anything with them, but since I began my bash, I may as well follow through. LOL

Yolanda
www.juswritinlife.com

Nandi Yaa said...

Here's what I sent the scalawags:

I'm writing because I was very upset by the after-Thanksgiving sale practices of your stores. I went to one of the Wal-Mart's around 4 a.m., hoping to purchase one of the advertised laptops, only to find out only 44 were designated for that store. A relative of mine stood in line at another and was told there were only 27.

Why would a store as large as Wal-Mart dangle a few laptops out as bait? If it was to get customers to spend money on other items, I don't see it as a good tactic. I left your store empty-handed, and I'm truly considering not spending anymore money there.

I understand the company wanting to get shoppers through the doors, but you're Wal-Mart. People are going to go there regardless. Also, the after-Thanksgiving sales are a ritual for some. Why not make it worth our while?

I can't see me getting out of bed that early again and consider it a lesson learned. You might want to consider the loss of valued customers a real possibility. When I walked away from your doors that morning, so did many more.

Yolanda
www.juswritinlife.com

tan247 said...

Brniiiz -
You're right -- but, I'm doing good just to keep this one updated.