Thursday, January 20, 2005

Living life . . .

Things have been going good for the most part this week. My classes have started. My computer has been upgraded with additional memory. I've loaded the necessary software and other requirements to successfully complete my courses. I have made contact with both of my instructors. Am I on a roll or what?! I am going to really enjoy this math class. So far it's simple. Hopefully I will finish the class in 8 weeks instead of 16. I will then be able to take another math class (not counted towards my degree) for the remaining 8 weeks.

In other school news, my son has had 2 good days in a row! You don't know how much this pleases me. I am seriously stressed when he comes home with a bad conduct report. I don't care if it's just talking. I want him to be quiet, pay attention to the teacher and focus on getting his assignments done in class. Is this too much to ask from a 9 year old boy? Nah, I don't think so. I promised him that if he is good all week, I will buy him a basketball. The week was in his favor -- no school on Monday so he only has 4 days to worry about. My daughter has been good as usual. She gets so excited about telling me she has had a good day. I have to remind myself to get excited as well. She's always good so I'm used to it and I expect it.

I have a lab class on Saturday that lasts 3 hours. I hope that my children's father will keep them. I don't know what I'll do if he doesn't. He could care less about me trying to better myself by furthering my education. I'll just pray about it and hope that if he doesn't help me out by keeping the kids this semester, that I'll have a friend or two that I can fall back on. You would think the hard part would be having the money to pay for tuition & books -- nope, not for me -- it's the child care issue. That's one bad thing about not having family within quick driving distance. Oh well, I'll try not to get too stressed out about it just yet.


I'm In Love :)
I found a hairdresser that I just looooooove. He is so good that I will pinch every penny to make sure that I get to him every 2 weeks. He is a good stylist and he is all about healthy hair. His style & techniques are so different (and I've been to a good amount of hair stylists over the years). The BEST thing about him is....... he does NOT keep you waiting for 30 minutes or more before he seats you in his chair. I am really in heaven. The first visit I was out in 2 hours and that was because I needed a trim (and he was very thorough). The latest visit, yesterday, took about 3 hours. That's because I had my hair relaxed and set. He does not book his customers back-to-back where you have 2 waiting, one in his chair and maybe 2 or 3 under the dryer. My hair looks & feels great. O.k., I'm through with the commercial, but, if you're in Dallas and need a hair stylist -- just let me know and I'll hook you up with him.

1 comment:

greggy said...

Hey friend...I'm saying aprayer for you that He will make a way for you. Don't sweat it if anyone tries to rain on your self-improvement parade, you'll be that much a better person when it all said and done. Happy Friday!