Monday, January 31, 2005

Feelin' Good

I am so happy. I love the feeling that I'm having right now. Things are going so well in different areas of my life. Even for the few issues that I deal with from time to time, it's not so bad. My Biology lab isn't so bad. The 3 hours seem to pass pretty quickly. Not to mention the other 3 ladies that share my table, they are very nice. I think this won't be so bad after all. We had a project to do this pass Saturday, weight worms and place them in tubes with dirt and a little water to see how much they grow over the next couple of weeks. Thank God there were others who didn't mind dealing with the works :). I was responsible for labeling the tape for our glass tubes. (That I can deal with -- worms, I cannot.)

My children spent the weekend with their father. I attended a Mardi Gras function with a male friend that evening. He invited me on Tuesday -- giving scimpy details. I had to ask what the attire was. Other than that, I wasn't given much information. He did tell me that it was semi-formal (after I asked twice). I guess men are different when it comes to events like this. I want to know details -- where is it going to be, what time does it start, who is hosting the function, and so on. This helps me decide the look I need to have. I was torn between buying something or choosing something that was already in my closet. I had my hair styled (updo) on Friday night. Saturday after class I bought shoes, a necklace and a bracelet to match. He called me letting me know to be ready by 7 p.m. because it started at 7:30. At about 7:20 he called, pissed. He had accidentally stepped on his cufflink and broke it. He wanted me to run to the store and get some super glue for him while he jumped in the shower. I'm thinking 'what'!? You're just now getting in the shower. Not to mention, I had rushed around that evening to make certain that I would be ready when he came by (at 7 p.m.).

Anyway, I kept quiet and agreed to get the super glue for him. I had to undress (I was ready) because I didn't want to chance getting a run in my stockings. I went to the closest store that I felt would have it -- which was Walgreens. I made it home and changed back into my attire for the evening. Shortly after, he called and said he was 4 minutes away. I opened the door and he had the cutest smile when he saw me. He told me that I looked beautiful. I could feel myself blushing.

I glued the piece back onto his cufflink and we were on the road at about 7:45 p.m. We made it just in time. I found out (on the way) that it was at a hotel and was being hosted by his fraternity (but a different chapter than his). He obviously didn't look at his tickets well before hand because we were a little confused at first as to where we were going.

It turned out to be a very nice event. It was well organized and started ON TIME. The entertainment was good (2 comedians and a singer). The DJ was very good as well. I had a nice time. I always enjoy being with him. That night was different somehow. He made me feel so special. Things have been going so well between us. Hopefully, things will work out for the best. For right now, I am sooooo happy.


1 comment:

greggy said...

Sounds like you had great fun...hope things do work out for the best between you two. Enjoy your happiness now and magnify it!