Friday, September 30, 2005

Enjoying life . . .

for the most part. Well, until I received an e-mail from my daughter's teacher this morning. Why do I let little things stress me out so easily. I just expect more from my daughter. She's a wonderful child but I know she can be a bit stubborn (or 'defiant' as her teacher said). I know teachers get frustrated. But, I'm frustrated as well. I believe in spank children when necessary and I think my little angel maybe long overdue. It breaks my heart to think about it but she has got to remember why she goes to school. She also needs to remember who is in charge, and it's NOT her. I was spanked as a child and it did not have a negative impact on my life as I grew older. It kept me from messing up a 2nd time (much more often than not).

My son has improved his grades in the 2 classes that he was seriously messing up in. He has also been accepted into a mentoring program for boys that I am very excited about. We have a very short meeting with the president of the organization tomorrow.

I hope that this day ends on a good note. I have a meeting at my home with other single parents. It is always an enlightening time when we get together.

2 comments:

Frannie said...

Hi beautiful! I hope things are ok now....hey, it's okay to give your babe a spanking here and there!! Sometimes you gotta do that....don't feel bad! :) God bless.

BFuniv said...

I know you probably already did this, but find out why she was defiant. Teachers and schools are not always right, sometimes kids are.

Best,

Allan