Thursday, September 16, 2004

Balancing Life

I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since I've blogged. My evenings are consumed helping my children with homework (mainly my son) and sticking to my exercise regimen. It's been 3 weeks since I renewed my membership at Bally's and I am loving it! I try to work out at least 4 times a week. I'll probably only make it 3 days this week. I'm leaving for Oklahoma on Friday (my grandmother is ill). It's sad to see a loved one suffer. She's seen several doctors in 3 different cities. They've run various tests but still can't solve her continued suffering from acid reflux. She cannot be left at home at night. She can still walk but not as good as is necessary to be left alone. It also seems that she is having mental problems as well. She starts to speak but can't get out more than a few words, which she repeats over and over. This is so depressing. All we can do is pray and make sure that we take care of her to the best of our ability.

On a lighter note, my results came back from my sonogram weeks ago and everything looks good. (Yeah!) I no longer have any pain or discomfort. I am happy about that. I signed up for divorce counseling at church. Although its been 3 years, I feel it would be to my benefit. It will actually be group counseling, which starts next Tuesday. I also completed my form for a government grant (for school). I have put off enrolling in college until Spring 2005. My goal is to do whatever I can to better myself; mentally, physically and spiritually, and become a better mother to my children. When I am taking care of me (without taking away quality time with my kids), I feel it improves the way that I take care of/interact with them. I can be stressed and not allow my mood to negatively impact the interaction I have with them. They give me so much that money can't buy, they deserve the best that I can give them.

No comments: