Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Week 2 of DivorceCare Counseling

The second DivorceCare counseling session went well yesterday. Out of the 6 people that attended last week only 3 (including myself) returned. For some reason, I was really hoping to see one of the women that was there last week. She appeared to be close to my age and had 2 young children. We did, however, have 2 new women show up yesterday. One was quite the talker. She was too funny. She seemed like a very pleasant person though. The other was extremely quiet. We discussed the different emotional stages that one goes through after a divorce (there were about 6). We were asked to share what stage each of us thought we were in. I feel that I am in the recovery (last) stage. I have long ago accepted the fact that my marriage was over. The majority of the grief that I experienced was while we were still together. I never totally blamed him for the break up of our marriage. I was realistic and accepted (and apologized for) the fact that I was not the perfect wife and there were things that I could have done differently. I started rebuilding my life as soon as I left. I immediately joined a church that was in the area that I moved to. I got involved in different ministries as well as joining a Life Team (aka Small Group). I have no hatred or bitterness towards him. I pray for him just as I do for my friends and family. My heart goes out to those who are hurting from the aftermath of separation or divorce. I wish them all well and hope that their road to recovery will be swift & smooth. I'm looking forward to Session 3.


No comments: