Friday, September 03, 2004

Still Here

I feel so bad that I've neglected my blog for about a week. The days seem to be flying by. I'm already seeing Christmas items in the stores! So much has happened within this past week. I've renewed my Bally's membership (for only $8 bucks a month). I could not pass that up. I have really missed weight training. I've been 3 times this week. I'll be heading to Oklahoma tomorrow so I know I won't be able to exercise for the next 3 to 4 days. I received a very nice monetary award from my employer -- God is good. It was right on time, as always. I have been constantly talking to my son about his behavior at school and the importance of paying attention and completeing assignments to the best of his ability. Children obviously quickly forget talks with their parents. I received a phone call from the school principal a few minutes ago. My son & several other boys were in line after school and one kid said that another boy had big 'thingies' and then my son points to a girl and said that she had big 'thingies' too.?! (Another boy felt it was his obligation to tell the girl this.) The girl tells her mother and her mother calls the school. I can understand a mother being upset about someone saying this about their child. There wasn't much I could say while on the phone. In my mind I'm wondering - what is my son thinking? He knows better than to make comments like this. I am so frustrated. It seems like there is always something with him. I called his father as soon as I hung up the phone. He wasn't there so I left a voice message. His father picks him up from school. What was he thinking?! He is now in In School Suspension (ISS) for the next 2 days. He's already banned from riding his bike and playing outside until I determine when he has earned the priviledge to have fun again due to him not finishing work at school. I'm trying to remain calm. It's not going to be easy.

2 comments:

Pincushion said...

Oh Tam, I can quite understand how you must be feeling right now...its so tough being a parent ! But I am sure you are a very good one..so don't let this one episode get you down :-)..my best wishes are with you..take care

tan247 said...

Thanks for your kind words Pincushion. He's doing alot better. He's having a very good week so far. He still has homework but the load is lighter.