Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Much on my mind

Another weekend is approaching. The singles conference this past weekend was very good. W had a surprise musical guest, Anthony Evans, Jr. who happens to be the pastor's son. He is so talented. I ended up buying his cd and I must admit - I have been wearing it out. My kids love it as well. This coming Saturday is already hectic for me and it's not even here yet. My daughter's drill team is performing for some health organization that morning (can't remember which one, or the time). I will have to check the schedule when I get home. I will be signing my son up for M'Pact, a mentoring program at church that morning. I'll drop him off at 9 a.m. and pick him up by 12 noon. Between 7:15 & 7:45 that morning I will be dropping my baby (o.k. - my dog) at the Humane Society of the U.S. so that he can get neutered :-(.! I'm already stressing. I hope he's not in alot of pain after the surgery is over. I can pick him up between 4 p.m. & 5:30 p.m. You know I'll be there at 4 on the dot. I think a new chew toy would be appropriate :). The HSUS offers veterinary services that are much more affordable than your normal vet. Such as, my vet will charge me $90 to neuter Diesel. HSUS is charging $35 (no joke). Talk about a difference. I will start taking him there for other routine vet care like vaccinations & heartworm preventive medicine.

On Sunday I'm cooking for friends. That's right -- I'll be doing a little entertaining! Most are from my Spiritual Growth class that I took at church. I'm actually just cooking the main entree. Everyone else will bring either a side dish, dessert, drinks, etc. It should be fun. It's been a while since we have all gotten together.

In other news, North of the Red River (Oklahoma), my grandmother will be having gall bladder surgery tomorrow. Please keep her in your prayers. She has her good days and her bad days. At this point I'd say more bad than good.

No comments: