Thursday, February 03, 2005

My first REAL vacation

No lie. For the FIRST time in my 36 year old life I am about to go on a true vacation -- in Viva Las Vegas! I am so excited. What's even more exciting about this trip is the other people traveling with me. 2 of my sister's (I have 3), one of my closest friends, a cousin whose like a sister to me and a friend of the family. There is nooooo way that we won't have fun. I've read mixed reviews about the hotel (the Plaza Hotel in the downtown area). The original hotel that we were trying to get was booked (due to it being Spring Break and all). We're leaving on March 18th and returning on the 21st. My kids will be in Oklahoma and -- oh, my God, I almost forgot about my baby boy! I'll have to see if his daddy will check up on him and as a back-up I'll have two of my friends on stand-by. (One of my girlfriend's labeled my male friend as 'my baby's daddy'. This is because he is truly crazy about Diesel -- and Diesel is crazy about him. He goes wild when my friend comes over, it's as if everyone else in the house at that time does not exist. I love my dog but I don't kiss him on the face! His daddy does! It's hilarious. The expression on Diesel's face looks as if he is in dog heaven.)

Looks like I've got everything taken care of. I faxed the travel agency all necessary info they needed yesterday and I've requested two days of vacation at work. Now all I need is some decent luggage. Sounds like a trip to Sam Moon may be in order or maybe I need to do some searching on e-bay.

1 comment:

Nandi Yaa said...

Now, that's what I'm talking about. There's nothing like a real vacation--and that's what they are when the kids don't go along. Otherwise, that's more of a family outing. LOL Enjoy yourself, Tam. I'm pretty sure you've earned it. 36 years? Yeah, you've earned it.