Friday, April 29, 2005

Don't you just love good service

I went through a Church's chicken drive-thru to pick up some lunch earlier. I always order their tender strip kid's meal which comes with a side, biscuit and a drink (the only other option is a 5 piece strip meal with a biscuit -- which is more than what I would want to eat). Anway, I place my order and decline the drink since I don't drink soda.

I drive up to the window and I can see the manager standing there holding a small cup as he's talking to the cashier. He opens the window and asks why I don't want the drink. I inform him that I don't drink soda. The cashier had already asked earlier if I wanted an extra side, which I decline as well due to the fact that I am trying to lose the extra weight that I've gained (which has gone straight to my midsection).

So the manager's standing there smiling. You can tell he's thinking. He then asks if I would like a jalapeno pepper since I don't want the drink. I decline again, telling him that I don't care for jalapeno's. At this point I'm feeling almost guilty for not taking something. I didn't expect them to deduct money from my order since it was only a little over $2 to begin with. He also asked if I wanted a cup of water, to which I said no -- I apologized and told him that I have bottled water at work. He's still smiling. He told me what a good thing it is that I don't drink soda since it is really not good for you. I pay for my food, thank the cashier and drive off.

I'm a frequent fast-food customer and I just really appreciate it when I receive excellent service. As I drove off I couldn't help but think, hey - I could have asked for an extra tender strip -- naaaahhhh, that would have been pushing it :).

2 comments:

greggy said...

well lucky I wasn't with you at the time...I would've been like, "yes, since I don't want the soda and you're trying to give me something else instead, I'll take an extra ORDER of strips please thank you!"
lol

Anonymous said...

Maaaaaaan, that is some excellent service. You always get favor when your with the Lord though! :D Don't be surprised...

Also I never got to thank ya for stopping by my "devoted" place, so..THANK YOU! :D

*xoxo*