Monday, May 02, 2005

A night at the ballpark

I had a wonderful weekend. I went jogging early Saturday morning (ran 3 laps non-stop). I tell you, it is much more motivating to jog/exercise with a partner (I would have definitely stopped after the first lap or lap and a half). I went to my lab class which let out an hour early (thank you Jesus!). I didn't have to go over the posted speed limit too much to make it home, feed my dog and meet the rest of my church singles group in the church parking lot so that we could go see the Texas Rangers play the Boston Red Sox.

Although the Rangers didn't win, I had a wonderful time and met some very nice people. I spent too much money on food & water ($3.75 for a 24 oz. bottle of Ozarka). We had good seats. I did the smart thing and took a small blanket in addition to my jacket. The temperature was around 62 degrees (which is a bit chilly for me).

We made it back to the church parking lot around 11 p.m. I managed to get a nap in on the bus -- traffic was horrible leaving and it seemed to take forever before we made it to the highway.

I am so glad that I went.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was talking to an Ozarka delivery man today and he said they deliver 24oz bottles of water to your home for $.67 each. The Ballpark, since they buy in bulk, probably pay around $.30 or so per bottle. That is robbery. Lesson learned, bring your own water.