Thursday, August 12, 2004

No news is good news -- yeah, right

I am back at work today. I called in yesterday because I was exhausted and didn't feel well. I am still waiting on the results from my ultrasound. It's hard to keep your mind from wandering, especially when you're in pain and don't know the cause of it. I'm not one to take medication unless I am unable to function. So, the prescription that my gynecologist gave me has not been filled. I was able to exercise yesterday. I ran a lap and a half and walked about 4 or 5 laps. This is a big difference from the mile and a half I would normally jog non-stop. But, it's better than lying around all day. I feel better than I did yesterday so that's a plus. Also, I'm still taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work. Hey, every little bit helps! My manager seemed very concerned about me. I am somewhat of a private person but after several attempts to find out what was wrong with me I finally let him know that I have been having stomach pains. He told me to take off whenever I need to. Hummmm, sounds tempting. Not really, I like my job and when I do miss work it is for a very good reason. A co-worker who I also consider a friend checked with me several times throughout the day to see if I had heard from my doctor's office. She sincerely seems concerned. Another co-worker stopped by my office to see how I was doing. She said she was shocked when she heard that it was me that was sick and not one of my children (I'm not sick often, thank God). Our Controller also stopped in my doorway and asked if I was feeling better. I lied and said yes (God forgive me). At that particular time I was feeling bad. I do lie about how I'm feeling the majority of the time. I don't want to depress people or bring them down by responding with "I'm feeling horrible, I don't feel like talking to anybody or doing anything and I wish I had stayed in bed". So instead, I smile and say that I'm doing fine. I'm not one to thrive for attention but, it's nice to be missed.

2 comments:

Nandi Yaa said...

Tam, I "know" everything will be just fine. Relax and let God handle this.

tan247 said...

Thanks Yolie, will do.