Monday, August 23, 2004

African American's right to vote will expire in 2007 (NOT)

Another urban legend being circulated on the internet regarding the Voter's Rights Act of 1965. This is the 2nd time that I've received this e-mail. Actually, the one I received this morning has a new twist. The Act was mentioned in a speech supposedly given by Camille Cosby (ahhhhh). I guess this extra tidbit is supposed to make it more believable. I sent the sender a reply with a link to about.com, an information website, that dispels this rumor. I hope that people are not automatically assuming that this 'chain letter' is true. It helps to do your own research and not continue to pass these false statements on to others. Especially since there is so much incorrect information being circulated via e-mail.

No comments: