Friday, October 01, 2004

Trying to let it go

It's been a week now since I received a text message from a male friend that really ticked me off! I have a male friend who I have known for over 10 years now. We have NEVER been anything more than friends. Well, on Saturday of last week I was asleep on the sofa until I heard my cell phone buzzing. I get up to look at it (it's 1 o'clock in the morning) and see that I have a new text message. I look at the message which says, "Thinking about you you're the greatest I just can't help it". There is only ONE person that could possibly be sending me a message like this, however, we are no longer dating (he's mentioned in a previous posts). As a matter of fact, I told him that I did not want to talk to or see him anymore. It's not that I am angry with him. It's because I am trying to keep my focus on living a life that is pleasing to God (and he knows this) and I feel that he is not. Being with him causes me to become distracted/lose my focus (even when we say we'll be 'friends' -- yeah right). I have shared this with him as well. Anway, I decided to reply (I didn't want to be rude -- being that he's still on my mind). I send him a text message saying that I am thinking about him too. Later that morning I get a text message from him. It says, 'Thx, thinking about u 2". Okay, now I'm really confused. I'm thinking - why is he saying "thinking about you too" (as if he's responding to me)? My question is answered later that day. My male friend left me a voice message that afternoon and I returned the call that evening. He made a comment saying that it took me 8 hours to call him back. I was puzzled since the voice message he left was at noon. He asked if I had gotten his other message. What other message?!! I was so mad when he told me that it was him that sent the text message at 1 A.M.! I'm thinking -- have you lost your mind!! You had no reason to send me a message like that (and didn't leave your name -- like I'm supposed to assume it was you)!!! I was so mad. I told him that yes, I did respond to the message -- TO SOMEONE ELSE! He had the nerve to laugh! I had to check him and let him know that I did not see any humor in this. He went on to say that I should have is phone number programmed in my cell phone (which I do). I had to school him and let him know that just because his name & number is programmed in my phone, does not mean that his info will automatically pop up when he sends a message. Needless to say, I haven't spoken to him since. He called last night and left a voice message on my home number. I haven't called him back. He knew that I had been seeing someone and he also knew that I was trying not to get involved with this person again. I feel that he was so out of line for sending me a message like that. What really makes me feel bad is that the person I was dating probably thinks that I am playing games with him. I didn't bother calling him to explain. I just let it go. Oh well, just needed to vent a little. Am I wrong for being upset about this?

2 comments:

editor said...

Why r u so mad?

He didn't try to interfere with your relationship. You said he's your friend. I don't understand.

tan247 said...

Ms. Tee - I'm mad because I feel that it was inappropriate for him to send me the text message that he did, not to mention that I was supposed to assume that it was from him. I have made it clear that I see him only as a friend. He should have enough consideration to not step outside the boundaries of our friendship. A male friend to me is the same as a female friend but with different body parts. If you're still puzzled, here's another example; a 'friend' does not call you late at night and ask you what you're wearing (yes, he has done this too).