Saturday, June 18, 2005

An Early Start

I was up at 6 a.m. this morning so that I could make it to my hair stylist's home by 7 a.m. (What I'm still doing up at 11:21 p.m. is puzzling even to me.) I woke the kids, had them get dressed, made sure the dog was fed and we were out of the house by 6:40 a.m. I made a quick stop at McDonald's (drive-thru of course) to get breakfast for my kids and we made it to my stylist's home no more than 10 minutes past 7. She is really a great stylist. There have been 2 occasions (including this one) where I wasn't very pleased with my hair. A friend of mine goes to her as well and I have never seen a style on her that I didn't like. I needed a relaxer and told her that I wanted to wear my hair straight with no part and off of my face. She styled it the way I asked but for some reason, it didn't turn out the way that I had invisioned beforehand. I can only think of one stylist that I have ever gone to over the years where I never left dissatisfied.

I think for the money that I spend my hair should look like it was professionally styled. My son even questioned the style :( (in all honesty, I believe he felt that this was something that looked as if I had done it myself). Don't get me wrong, I do a good job styling my own hair, but, I'd rather be pampered and have a professional style it. When you pay to have your hair professionally styled, in my opinion, it should be obvious. I don't mean to put my stylist down but I'm on a budget and I can't afford to pay to have my hair styled and then go home and try to make it look better. What's puzzling is that it looked good when I looked in the mirror at her home. It wasn't until I made it to my car and looked in the mirror as I was driving before I first noticed how dry my hair looked. I would keep driving a short distance and then pull down the visor to check myself out in the mirror. I then realized that it really didn't look like my hair had been professionally styled (I was truly disappointed). She is such a wonderful, kind-hearted person and I know that she is very good at what she does. Maybe this was just a bad morning for her. I'll go again and make sure I look at my hair thoroughly before I walk out her door.

I'm about to call it a night after I wrap my hair and tie it up in a bandana (Aunt Jemima style!).

3 comments:

Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

ciao

Unknown said...

Thank God I have locs now. I remember those days.

Anonymous said...

The only bad hair days I have now is if I tie up my locs wrong and one decides to stick out. Spray a little water and that bad booger gets back in step. I do understand where you're coming from. You expect to get what you pay for, as well you should.