Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Fun At Six Flags

This past weekend was great!! We went to Six Flags on Saturday. We planned on getting there around 10:30 a.m. (made it around noon). As soon as we arrived we headed to the picnic pavilion area so that we could eat lunch (which was included in the ticket price). It wasn't bad at all. After that, we headed to the rides.

We rode the train that took you around the perimeter of the amusement park. We let the kids drive the antique cars -- which they loved! We also went on some boat ride that took you through an underground cave and had the various cartoon characters; bugs bunny, Wyle E. Coyote, Speedy Gonzales, Porky Pig, Yosemite Sam and a few others. We ran into other friends and I parted with them to ride the 'adult' rides while another friend took the kids to Looney Tune Land (ie. she had no intentions of riding anything that would even come close to having you let out a little whimper).

Me, feeling adventerous, decided to ride the Superman ride. I had never seen or heard of it before this past weekend. Me and my girlfriend are standing in line and I start to feel a bit nervous as I watch the continuous flow of people get on & off the ride. When our time came my heart was seriously fluttering. I had changed my mind at this point but I was already in the seat. The ride starts, it takes us up -- just a tad bit -- then whooooooooooooooosh!!!! We are like hundreds of feet in the air within about 5 or 6 seconds!!!! I am screeeeeeeeming my head off! My eyes are closed for fear of having a heart attack if I was completely aware of my surroundings. After that initial shock -- the ride then slowly lowers us and raises us again -- still somewhat slow. Then, it happens again -- whoooooooooooosh!!! We are shooting up in the air again like a rocket on the 4th of July!!! I'm screaming my head off -- again!! I'm just praying for this ride to be over and I promise myself that I will never, I repeat never, get on it again. The ride is over, I'm looking at my friend who is laughing at me (she tried to get me to open my eyes during the ride but I refused). I tell both her and the man to my that they are nuts!! This wasn't their first time on the ride.

After that, I didn't feel like being to daring anymore. There were a few roller coasters that I wanted to ride but I didn't have anyone to ride with (my friend who rode the Superman with me decided to ride the Batman ride with her cousin -- I wasn't having it -- it looked just as darying as the Superman ride). So we watched the kids ride a few more rides, grabbed funnel cakes on our way out and headed home.

An exciting but tiring day. I hope that the church picnic is held there again next year.

No comments: