Friday, June 10, 2005

Going Through The Motions

That's pretty much how things are at my job. I am no longer content, let alone happy at my place of employment. There are a number of reasons for my discontentment, which I don't even have the energy name. The bottom line is -- I have got to move on to something else. You know it's bad when you have to pray to maintain a positive attitude and refrain from getting easily frustrated with those you communicate with.

The atmosphere seems much different from when I first started. I've only noticed this within the past several months. It's highly possible that the change in atmosphere took place earlier than I thought but I'm just now noticing it. I've been around people who constantly complain about their jobs but they don't do anything to improve their situation, whether it be speaking to their manager about their concerns or finding other employment. I will not be one of those people. It does me no good to spend at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week in an environment that depresses me or leads to nowhere but a dead end.

I haven't felt this way in a loooooong time. I'll keep on doing my job to the best of my ability, while keeping my eyes open for other opportunities.

3 comments:

greggy said...

I perfectly understand how that feels as I feel the same way about mine too...you're doing the right thing though by not letting it lower your own standards of performance while there. Continue looking, this job is just a temporary stop on your way to greatness no doubt.

Anonymous said...

i wish you the best, as i find myself in the same situation as well.

here's hoping!

tan247 said...

Greggy - I hear ya my brutha.

Mai - I wish you the best as well.


FYI - I've gotten one reply so far -- will have to see what happens after I go in to take a test to see if I'm knowledgeable on various software packages.