Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Am I going through a test or what?

My daughter had a substitute teacher at school on Monday. When I picked her up from her father's that evening she told me that the substitute teacher had cursed at her! Say what!!! She told me that she was standing at her desk doing her work and the sub told her to "sit your a** down". I BEG YOUR PARDON! I don't talk to my kids like that and I am definitely not going to allow anyone else to either. She told her father about it when he picked her up from school and he went straight to the principal's office. The principal said that he would talk to the sub about.

The next day my daughter tells me that the sub was back at school teaching in a different class. I am too shocked. I had called that morning to make sure that my daughter's teacher was teaching that day (and she was). I never thought that they would have this same woman back teaching a different class. According to my baby's daddy, the principal said that he talked to the sub and she denied saying it. Duh!!! Did he actually think this woman would admit to it. She is subbing for a reason -- to get PAID. In other words, the principal believed this sub over my daughter. I may not communicate well verbally but I am 'off the chain' with a pencil & paper (or keyboard & monitor). I wrote a one page letter to the principal expressing my disappointment and copied the superintendent of the school district. I faxed the letters this morning. I advised the principal to contact me if this woman is EVER scheduled to sub for either one of my kid's teachers so that I can keep them home from school that day.

If you would have heard my baby telling the story you would understand. She said her mouth was wide open and she was scared and didn't know what to say. She thought about telling the sub that she said a bad word but decided not to. She just sat there - about to cry. Now I'm getting mad all over again. I could wring this woman's neck, but I am not a violent person.

This has been a trying week and it's only Wednesday. I'm too emotionally drained to discuss my other issue. No worries, I am putting it behind me and this time - I'm not looking back (for real).

3 comments:

uway said...

i would of went nuts...you should of spoke to the sub yourself just to see what was she thinking? after you calm down you should check out Blogexplosion its free and brings a ton of traffic to your blog. its also very addictive so beware..:-)

Pincushion said...

Oh dear ! this is really tricky..its very difficult to deal with situations like these. I think u did well..don't worry I am sure things will get better..:) take care

tan247 said...

Pinchushion - Thanks as always for the kind words. We'll see if I receive a response from the principal and/or the superintendent.

U-Set - it's almost impossible to speak to a sub if they are not at a particular school on a regular basis. My daugter had never seen her before. My son (who is 2 years older) has never heard of her either. Thanks for the referral to BlogExplosion.