Thursday, November 11, 2004

The Prayer of Repentance

I received an e-mail this morning regarding a prayer given by Pastor Joe Wright to the Kansas House of Representatives in 1996. Just reading it gave me chills. The e-mail that is being circulated has a few slight inaccuracies. (Me, being the inquisitive person that I am, decided to do a search on the internet to determine if this event really happened before I forwarded it to anyone else.) It was said that a few representives were upset by the prayer and one actually walked out. Here is the actual prayer -- it's pretty powerful http://www.centralcc.org/joe.html.

2 comments:

Mark said...

This isn't really related to this entry but, I noticed you linked to my blog and I was just curious how you found it and what you thought. I appreciate the comliment!

Thanks, Mark
http://markmeador.blogspot.com

Marn said...

I've read this before...and I think I remember it because the pastor supposedly got in trouble for bringing religion into politics. (You know...the usual.) To me, it really is scary that people have a fit over The Pledge of Allegiance being said in public schools, yet they buy their children t-shirts to wear with sayings like "100% Bitch" or "Tickle My Elmo." A friend of mine, who is divorced and re-married, has a 16 year-old step son. One day, the son came home from a weekend of staying at his mom's house and he was wearing the "Tickle My Elmo" shirt. My friend was upset and called her step-son's mom and asked her why she would purchase such a shirt. Guess what? The woman didn't see anything wrong with it! Values/morals are being totally mixed-up these days.