Monday, November 01, 2004

What's up with these men?

I'm somewhat confused. Two men that I have recently met have made a comment that has left me completely puzzled. I am a person who has no problem doing whatever it takes to obtain the things that I want (if it is within reason). Something that was #1 on my list of goals in 2001 was to buy a home which I did last year. Anyway, during a phone conversation with man #1, he suggested that the only thing missing in my home was a man to share it with.? Uh, excuse me -- I don't think so. If that's the case I would have waited to get married before thinking about buying a home. Man #2 called and asked what I was doing. I mentioned that I was on-line checking out information about refinancing my mortgage. He suggested that he could share my home with me. Uh, wrong again. You can buy me home. He got off the phone real quick (said he'd call me back). I'm not holding my breath. Don't get me wrong, I'm not LOOKING for a man to buy me a home. I'm also not EXPECTING a man to think that I am in need of a man to share the home that I currently have with him. If they are truly interested in me, they should take the time to get to know me and allow me to get to know them. If it is God's will that we share our lives together, things will fall into place as they are supposed to. I'm just surprised that they felt so relaxed making a comment like that. Of course they had to play it off and say it in a half joking manner. If I would have given them the slightest hint that I was o.k. with what they were saying they would have been backing their bags that day. A more appropriate comment would have been, "If things work out between us we could sell the house you're living in and buy us another one". Now that I can get with. Realistically I haven't known either one of them long enough for us to even discuss marriage. More importantly, I have no interest beyond friendship with either of them. I would love to be married again but I have no intentions of settling. I want a man who knows what his role is and is not afraid to fulfill it. Looking for a woman to provide you with a roof over your head is not it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that Sistah!

Chrishawn

Anonymous said...

Mister Bachelor of The Bachelorblog (http://www.thebachelorblog.com) says:

To the sista that commented about men not being worth the trouble. I want to help! Go here. http://www.thebachelorblog.com/comtrack.aspx?bid=2006