Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I have done my duty

I left work at 4 p.m. yesterday to cast my vote. There were no long lines (thank God). The voting location for my precinct was a church that was no more than 2 miles from my home. I had a minor issue that was quickly corrected. For some reason my address was incorrect in their computers. It took no more than 5 minutes for them to write down my name and correct address. I only took my driver's license since my Voter Registration Card had the same address as my license. Oh well, human error is inevitable. For those who didn't vote, you have no right to complain about any future decisions made by our President or state representatives. I'm sure a few of my family members didn't vote (I know of one for certain) but will be quick to criticize whoever is in office. Why is that?

1 comment:

greggy said...

I know what you mean Tan. Plus they are the ones who always have an opinion on every issue but they never watch the news or read the papers either...lol. Anywaz, I like your site also, very nice ambience here. I'm sure I'll be returning often :o)

Have a nice weekend!