Friday, July 08, 2005

I'm invited to a what???

A pleasure party. That's what was sent to me via e-mail yesterday. It's funny that the person sending the e-mail first apologized and then stated that she hoped I wasn't offended by the invitation (if she thought I'd be offended, why send it).?

I'm a little slow when it comes to some of the more worldly sources of entertainment, so, I went to the internet to get a clearer understanding of just what a 'pleasure' party is. Yes, I am a God-fearing woman and try to live my life in a way that glorifies God and not the things of this world. I am by no means perfect, my conversation is not limited to bible verses, I have sinned and will continue to sin (not without remorse). However, the thought of a room full of people (whether all women or a mixture of men & women) experimenting with 'toys' and other adult paraphernalia does not bring about a sense of pleasure -- for me. It's obvious from the number of hits I received when performing a search on the words that there are many people who have no qualms about these types of parties (which is their choice).

I guess I'm different -- in alot of ways, which I realized at an early age. Not to mention that others have confirmed this to me on occasion. I don't mind being different, I'm just being me. I'm not the type of person who trys to 'fit in' with any particular group of people. I've never felt the need to go against what I believe just to persuade others to like me or want to socialize with me. There are a very few people that I consider true friends, both male & female, and I'm happy with that. I welcome the friendship of others who I may cross paths with in the future.

I love to have a good time and there are many things that bring me pleasure, attending a pleasure party is not one of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what a pleasure party was until I read further on in your post *how times have changed over the years*