Friday, August 05, 2005

God Knows What's Best

Well, I have come to my own conclusion that I will not be offered the job that I interviewed for several weeks ago (due to the fact that I have not heard from them). Of course I'm disappointed but. . . . I'm trying to look at things in a different light.

For starters, from the interview it seemed rather obvious that this position would require some overtime. There is no way that a new-hire could walk in the door and expect to receive flexibility when it comes to the work schedule, especially if there is a large amount of work to be done and new sofware applications to be learned. With me about to start school in a couple of weeks, I will need some flexibility on certain days. I am busy at my present job but I still have the option to study during my lunch hour without any problems from management.

So yes, I'm disappointed but not depressed. On the brighter side, I have a job that allows me to take care of things during working hours when needed without any problems. My job is more lenient than most. Not to mention that they supply beverages (including bottled water) and snacks -- more recently healthy snacks have been provided.

There is a reason that I am still at my place of employment. It may not be totally clear to me but I know that God knows what's best for me -- even when I don't. I will continue to be thankful for the job that I have and allow God to direct me. This way, there's no way I can go wrong.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a reason that I am still at my place of employment. It may not be totally clear to me but I know that God knows what's best for me -- even when I don't. I will continue to be thankful for the job that I have and allow God to direct me. This way, there's no way I can go wrong.

that right there is what got me thru my last job and getting me thru this one. I stayed at that place until I KNEW it was time because the lord put several positions in my path!

At this current location -- he's knows I'm nothappy. He knows I can do better, which is why he's set me up with yet another position! I interview on Tuesday! Got my power suit ready and my mind set!

GOD. IS. GOOD.

You'll know when he's ready for you to move on!

lashundra said...

yes god has something better for you just be patient. i hate it when an employer doesn't get back with you regarding your interview but if they have not gotten back with me in a week i move on to look for something else. like you said you will need flexibility since you are in school. just remember god has a plan for all of us we have to be patient and wait.

Amir said...

I went through a very similar ordeal earlier this summer. I applied to 5 internships hoping to keep me busy and bring in some cash during the summer. Nothing worked out, and although I was disappointed and a bit confused about that outcome I realized that it's probably best that way. After a rough time at school I was just burnt crisp, and more than needing some extra money I needed to rejuvinate and re-energize before another grueling school year. It's funny how sometimes things don't go according to plan, but in retrospect we understand that they happen for a reason... and then it all makes sense.

Tony said...

Tam,
You are right, God knows what is best for us...When things dont go our way, we do gripe, inspite of knowing the truth...I hope and pray for God's grace in such situations...