Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Feelin' Good

I had been anticipating yesterday evening at 7:30 p.m. for over a week now. I am a lover of music, but my favorite is gospel. I loooooove me some gospel music. I believe that there are gospel singers out there who are truly anointed. These are people who send chills through your body at the sound of their voice. I don't idolize these singers but I do believe that they are gifted and have the ability to minister to the hearts of others through song.

Where am I going with this -- I'll tell you where, in two words. . . . . Fred Hammond. That's right, Fred Hammond performed (for free) yesterday evening at a church in Arlington, TX. The church is having a week-long conference and will have different speakers & entertainers each night. I'm ashamed to admit that I cannot remember the speaker's name from last night but he delivered a powerful message. His message was 'Don't Give Up'. No matter what you're going through -- don't give up. In spite of your circumstances, your surroundings, the people who are hindering you from fulfilling your purpose -- don't give up. I'd say he spoke for about 20 to 30 minutes. After that, we experienced the radical praise of one of gospel music's most talented singers (which I am certain is the reason that the overflow area was filled with about 500 people). I am glad to say that I pre-registered early (for myself and a friend) and was able to be seated in the sanctuary.

My kids said that they enjoyed it -- I know I did. I think I sang harder than Fred :). I left feeling pumped! So pumped that I had to call a few friends and family to tell them how much we enjoyed it.

It's amazing how God can use people to touch the lives of others when you decide to step out on faith and go along with the plan that he has laid out for you. We all have talents -- it may not be singing -- but there is something that is embedded in each one of us that God would just love to use to build his kingdom. We just need to trust him and start living our lives to please him and not ourselves or others. It means that we need to pay attention to what he is showing or telling us. When we receive those warning signs, take heed -- just like you would at a traffic light. Stop when he says stop, go when he says go and yield when he says yield.

I was deeply touched last night, not just by the voice of Fred Hammond -- which is honestly the only reason I went, but by the word that was delivered in such a powerful way by the guest speaker. I just wish I could remember his name.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you had a great time!