Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Just Rambling . . .

Starting with this past Friday -- I had a good weekend. It rained some but it wasn't too bad. Friday evening a few people from my single parents small group met at a local bowling alley to do a little bowling. No professionals in the group -- which made it even more entertaining. We had a lane for the kids (my daughter won -- YEAH!!) and a lane for the adults. There were 3 kids bowling and 4 adults. I didn't win but I wasn't last either. Two other newcomers showed up but didn't bowl. They wanted to meet the other ladies in the group. We had a really nice time.

Bright and verrrrry early on Saturday morning the kids and I attended a Single Parent-Kid Weekend conference at a nearby church. The kids had a great time. The parents and kids had different sessions where we listened to various speakers. My favorite was Rev. Marilyn Giles. This lady was fantastic and was a single parent herself (she has 3 adult sons). We left the conference a little early (about 1:30 p.m. -- it was over around 3:30 p.m.). We went grabbed a bite to eat, went home and slept for at least 2 hours -- I know I did. I was b-e-a-t. I guess staying up late Friday night and getting up early Saturday morning had caught up with me.

We went to church Sunday evening and then went to Chili's afterwards. The rest of the day I sort of lounged around, nothing exciting. The kids played outside and I shampooed my hair and set it in rollers so that I could have the curly look again. I had just styled my hair several days ago but the salsa class that I took on Thursday had me curls looking a bit limp. I received a shocking phone call from my ex saying that he would take the kids shopping for school supplies the following day!! I was truly stunned. Well, Monday came -- I dropped the kids off at his apartment, went to work and picked them up later that evening. HE CAME THROUGH!! Praise God. This really helps me out a lot. He even bought our daughter a backpack (my son didn't get one because he said that I was buying his -- one that he saw at a department store that costs no less than $25.00 -- I don't think so). I'll probably end up having to buy him one but I don't mind. At least their father bought the bulk of what they needed.

So here it is on a rainy Tuesday and I am at work -- busy as ever. My intentions are to attend the salsa class this evening at 6:15 p.m. I felt so good after last weeks class. The sad thing is -- I just know that my curls are not going to hold up. But it's for a good cause :).

1 comment:

Amir said...

Wow! It sounds like you're leading a very busy life. At least it's interesting and you're doing things that you enjoy--not just burning yourself out. Thank you for leaving that kind comment on my blog a while back. I'm sorry it's taken me a while to get back. Have fun at salsa!