Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Too Busy To Blog

Although there are things constantly flowing through my mind, I haven't had the energy or time to put it in writing. My weekend was nice with a bit of a bizarre ending. My kids are starting their 2nd week of school and I am glad to say that week 1 went rather well. Both kids had homework last night that I made them re-do (I know their just loving me to death). I have constantly got on to my daughter about writing her words too close together. She finished writing her sentences before I made it home, but, after checking her work, I had her re-write them making sure to leave spaces between each word.

My son had pretty much finished his math homework when I started looking over his shoulder to see if he was doing it correctly. Half of his work wasn't done correctly. He obviously didn't read the instructions correctly, soooooooooo, homie had to start from scratch (and he had to do it neater). When I looked at his work then 2nd time it was amazing how different his penmanship was. I told him that it didn't look as if the same person had written both assignments. The 2nd time around was extremely neat. We're talking numbers here, but still, I love to see neat handwriting. I told him how proud I was of him and that he was much neater than I had thought.

I start my on-campus class today and I'm a little nervous. There's a tad bit of excitment there as well. Science is not one of my stronger subjects but Geology is much more appealing than Biology II (there is no way I can dissect anything -- living or dead). My prealgebra class shouldn't be bad at all. It's an on-line course plus, I just loooooove me some math. I'm hoping to get a higher grade than C in Geology. I was both relieved and a little disappointed last semester with my C in Biology. I really don't see myself as being an average student. Maybe that will help me work harder this semester.

Toodles :). Got to meet a friend/former co-worker for lunch at Souper Salad.

1 comment:

greggy said...

Believe it or not, I could never dissect anything either! I wanted to be a doctor when I was younger, but at least that would be trying to save a life instead of just cutting something open just to see what makes it tick...

I admire the way you are making sure your children strive to be the best they can be instead of accepting them just getting by. That's the mark of a caring. loving parent! Have a good weekend!