Tuesday, August 16, 2005

It's amazing how time flies . . .

whether or not you're having fun. I was reminded of how quickly the days pass when my 5 years of employment was celebrated this afternoon by having lunch at Snuffer's with co-workers. I received a nice clock with an engraving of my name and an inscription acknowledging my dedication & hard work over the past 5 years.

I've seen a lot of changes since my first day with the company -- some good, some not so good. I've also seen people come and people go. I've made a few friends and have been blessed to have crossed paths with those who have touched my heart by their kind words and cheerful disposition. I don't know how much longer I'll be here but I pray that my performance and attitude will reflect the presence of Christ in my life, regardless of what's going on in the workplace.

If time on the job has seemed to have flown by then the rate at which my children are maturing is like a rocket in comparison. As of Monday, my son will be in 5th grade and my daughter will be in 3rd grade. Just looking at them change right before my eyes is amazing. Their features, their uniqueness, their own little style and their conversational skills -- sooooo amazing.

Before long, I will be 37 years old. It's seems like I was just posting about my 36th birthday only a few months ago. Now -- here it is August of 2005 and in 2 months and 5 days another year of my life will have gone by. The good thing is, as I look back, I have made some positive moves in my life. I have dealt with difficult situations and am now stronger and wiser because of those temporary road blocks and/or setbacks. I am more determined to be better in a lot of different areas of my life even more-so now than I was back then. I'm not just talking the talk -- I'm also walking the walk. I have set goals -- and I am achieving them.

God has truly been good.

3 comments:

greggy said...

Amazing things are in store for an amazing woman! (smile)

Thank you so much for your prayers and support, indeed you are so very much appreciated in my life.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, there's someone else in blogland older than me. LOL

Seriously, you're right about kids. They grow up so fast. It's enough our lives seem to hit fast forward, once we cross over into the 30s, but them sprouting up so rapidly really brings the realization.

Congrats on the 5 years! I'm too nomadic to hang around. I like my new spot though, so we'll see.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until the day comes that I can see my own children growing up as well...what a blessing!

We are always a work in progress, and to me, you totally reflect Christ in your life...you seem to be an AWESOME woman and I just know others see you as such as well.

You keep it up sista! *xoxo*