Monday, October 25, 2004

The Party's Over

My 4-day birthday celebration is over :( . Starting with a cake, good food and good company on Thursday, this birthday was definitely a pleasant occasion that didn't stop on Thursday. Friday night I went out with a friend and her cousin. What was supposed to be a night out to a Jazz club ended up being a night out at a Hip-Hop club where the majority of the women had on jeans and I spotted a few men with gold teeth! The jazz club had some type of special guests and the cover charge had doubled to $20 -- NOT. So we passed on that and drove around until they decided on another club not to far away. I quickly came to the conclusion that I did NOT miss the club scene. I had a good time due to the fact that I was with friends, even though I didn't dance (dancing in my chair doesn't count). I had one drink during the hour to an hour and a half that we were there. I had to endure about 20 to 30 minutes of cigarette smoke that travelled my way from a lady sitting at a table close to us (trying hard not to gag too much). After leaving the club we went to a Mexican fast-food restaurant. Me and my friend's cousin both ordered nachos. We made it to the table, sat down and started to feast. After 2 bites I'm thinking -- something is not right. I look closer (at the cheese sauce) and I'm missing the creamy yellowish orange color of nacho cheese sauce. This is some watered down mess. My friend's cousin stands up to take her food back for a refund & I think about it (for a second) and take mine back as well. We end up going to Whataburger (for me) and Taco Bell (for her). I make it home by 2 a.m. and finish eating then shutting down for a few hours.

My daughter's drill team competition was at 3 p.m. on Saturday. They looked so cute with their makeup on and their cute little outfits. Their performance was good. I didn't go back for the trophy presentations (at 7:30 p.m.) so I have no idea if they placed or not. Regardless, she had a good time. There were hundreds of other performers there in colorful outfits and various age groups. After the performance we headed home and I decided to stop by the grocery store (I was still craving nachos). I bought ingredients to make my own nachos. They were very good if I must say so myself. After 3 servings, my craving had been satisfied.

My birthday celebration ended Sunday at 5 p.m. Me, my kids and some friends went rollerskating after church. It was sooooo much fun! I was tired after about an hour. This was one fantastic weekend.

No comments: