Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Another go 'round

Well, my on again off again relationship that I've posted about many times is back on again. I've hesitated to even put my thoughts into words because I wasn't sure how long it would last. It all started with Valentine's Day. Much to my surprise I receive this gorgeous braided Lucky Bamboo plant with a big pink bow and red & pink balloons attached to it. I have never seen anything like it before. When the receptionist brought it to my office, I was puzzled. I just knew it wasn't him who sent it. I was wrong. His note said that he would do his best to make up for his past transgressions, signed Love *****. Of course my eyes watered and my heart was filled with joy. All I could think was -- maybe he really does care about me.

I sent him a text message letting him know how much I loved the plant and that he made my day. I let him know that I had a gift for him as well (I had purchased it about a week before -- before our latest fall out). He stopped by that evening to get it. It was a bottle of cologne by Estee Lauder (it smells soooo good). I had already made plans to go to the track with a girlfriend for a little exercise and then take my kids to karate practice. He ended up coming back later. We talked some and things have been going well for the past 9 days.

This past weekend he took me out to one of my favorite restaurants (Pappadeaux's). The food was delicious. We ate, had a glass of wine and then went to Blockbuster to purchase some movies (a movie he wanted to see at the movie theater wasn't showing in our area). He fell asleep on me while I was enjoying a movie that he picked out (The Bourne Identity). I fell asleep as well and didn't get to see all of it but I definitely plan on re-watching it. It was a very nice evening -- even if we did fall asleep early.

The shocker of all times came yesterday. I knew that he was wanting to buy a new car soon. He called me to let me know that he had been approved for a car loan. To make a long story short, he told me that he found 2 cars that he really liked and he would let choose?! I was so puzzled. Why would he let me choose a car that he was going to be driving and paying for (no he did not need my help coming up with the down payment :) ? He had already told the salesman that he would wait until after I made it home from work before he made his final decision. I was floored!! So, he meets me (and my kids) at our home and we go to the dealership. We test drive both cars (for my sake, he already test drove them). The salesman then asks what I think of both cars. One was white and the other was polished peuter. I chose the white car (which is what he liked best as well). After about 3 hours at this dealership he signs the papers and is given 2 sets of keys with the keyless remote devices. We get outside and he hands me the extra set of keys (with the remote) to his brand new, fully loaded with leather interior and sunroof, 2005 Nissan Maxima!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooohhhh - you in love :-)

Tanya
http://afropuffs.net

Nandi Yaa said...

So you get to drive it ALL the time, right? LOL