Friday, February 18, 2005

I'm A Survivor

I'm not a big fan of e-mail chain letters/messages or forwarding the many that I receive each day, but, every now and then I receive one that is very inspirational, such as this one (it's kind of long):


I AM A SURVIVOR

Many times in life we struggle with our past and fail to walk in our potential future. Let me make a profound statement ....Your past has nothing to do with what God can do for your future!

God says "In spite of what you used to be or have experienced, I CAN STILL BRING YOU OUT!

I know that you used to be a dog, but I can bring you out!!

I know that you slept with half the football team, but I can bring you out!

I know that you have bad credit and now you want a house, I can still bring you out!

I know they call you by your problem and not your name I can still bring you out!

There is no past too troubled and no person that God can't redeem. He took a murderer named Moses and made him a prophet.

He took a pimp named Abram and made him the father of many nations... (If you wonder why I call him that, go back to Genesis and see how many times he sold his wife off for possession because he was afraid of being killed.)

He took a liar and cheat named Jacob and made him a prince named Israel and blessed his seed...

He took a prostitute named Rahad, called her blessed and changed her profession!

He took a Christian hater named Saul and made him a great apostle, Paul. If God used those people, he can use you.

So what, you've had a bad past? That is the problem! --- you keep living in the past. God wants to bring you into the present and develop you a great future!

He says it best in 2Cor. 5:17,"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature, the old one has gone, the new has come!"

Hold on my brothers and sisters, your change is coming. No more low self esteem! No more worries about your credit history!

Hallelujah! Glory to God! Do you realize that most people have lost their mind over what we survived? We made it through! Sometimes we need to just thank God for survival.

We are looking for the big testimony, but the true testimony is your boy/girlfriend cheated on and left you, but you survived it.

You thought you would be on Prozac the rest of your life, but God healed your wounds. We are survivors.

Stop right where you are, stand up and give yourself a high-five because you made it through life's trials & tribulations. Now tell someone: "I made it!"

They may not understand, but you know what time it is! Stop trying to make people understand you and praise God anyhow! Baby, after all you went through and you're still serving the Lord....You are a survivor.

I thank God for being a survivor! God brought you out.

The truth be told, you may have had suicidal thoughts about the problems, but God brought you out.

Most people could not go through what you have been through and make it. Others have given up on life and are homeless, but God brought you out, so that He can bring you into the joy of life!

Repeat after me....

"God has brought me out for a reason. I survived because he has a plan for me. All my bad relationships, all the suicidal thoughts. The bad credit, the repossessions, the death of my loved ones. The back stabbings from my friends.

The negative thoughts, the lack of support I made it because I am blessed! I release and let go of all past hurts, misunderstandings and grudges because I am blessed!"

Now give yourself a hug, wipe your tears And walk in the
victory!!!!!!!!!!! Bless another, by passing this on....

IF YOU DO IT RIGHT, GOD WILL BLESS IT RIGHT!!!!

1 comment:

greggy said...

"...but God brought you out, so that He can bring you into the joy of life!"

simply priceless...Enjoy your weekend!