Monday, May 09, 2005

2 Down & 1 To Go

What a relief! After about 6 p.m. (CST) today my brain will no longer be operating in overdrive. I have taken 2 finals this past weekend and will take the last one today. I enjoy learning and I am always wanting to better myself but this semester has left me mentally weary.

Maybe the fact that my 4th grade son had just as much homework as I did has something to do with it. Before I started my classes in January, I felt like I was already in school due to helping him with homework. I'm just as happy that the school year is over for my children as well. No more Thursday folders coming home with tons of graded papers and notes to parents. No more planners that need to be signed each weekday (not that I always remembered to sign them). No more writing checks for breakfast and lunch at school. And last, but certainly not least, I don't have to get up quite as early (especially when they're out of town for 2 to 3 weeks)!

For the next 2 months I will be living carefree (to a certain extent). Summer II starts in July and I've enrolled in an on-line math course, which shouldn't be too strenuous since math is one of my stronger subjects. I am ready for the summer heat & swimming pools. Bally's here I come!!

No comments: