Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Gettin' My Swing On

I've been comtemplating taking swing out lessons for the past several months. The biggest issue was not having the time and/or not having a babysitter. A friend called me yesterday evening as I was working in my yard and convinced me to meet him at a skating rink about 15 miles from my home -- and I could bring my kids. I quickly changed clothes, put on shoes with a slick sole and headed out the door.

The instructors were very nice. There were only 3 of us there, which didn't matter to me. I loved it! And for only $5 bucks a lesson -- I can do that :). The difference about these lessons are that we're dancing to gospel music -- which is different but uplifting, especially since I looooove me some gospel music. I believe the instructor is just now offering lessons at this location so maybe the attendance will increase soon. We were there for about an hour (I made it an hour late -- so it would have been a 2 hour lesson). I learned half of the moves last night (yeah, I have rhythm). The instructor and my friend said that I did very well for my first lesson. Lessons at the skating rink will be on Tuesdays and Saturdays. If you have children, they will be able to skate on Saturdays. Sounds like a treat for both me and my kids. This is something that I definitely want to continue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mister Bachelor From(http://www.thebachelorblog.com) Says:

Mister Bachelor Swings on your every word!

lashundra said...

well glad you and your kids had a great time skating and girl i need some lessons that is something that i've never been able to do nor have i tried always afraid i'd scare myself up or break something, my daughter rec'd skates one year for x-mas and didnt mind falling but hadn't picked them back up.

Don Tate II said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. Last time I tried skating, it was on ice. And it wasn't funny. Cause I fell flat on my butt on the cold ice.