Tuesday, May 24, 2005

2 more days. . .

until my son graduates from 4th grade! I'm getting a little excited. The only thing I don't like is that he and his sister will be attending 2 different schools. My daughter is somewhat clingy. They argue over the most stupidest things but, they miss each other when they're apart.

We had a busy evening yesterday. I took my son to get his hair cut. Next we went to Burlington's to find him a nice suit (his idea). Since he's outgrown all the others I felt that he needed to have at least 1 suit hanging in his closet (that he can still wear). It looks really nice on him. I'll need to take the pants somewhere this evening to be altered -- they're about 3 inches too long. It's amazing how fast children grow up. An important reason why parents should spend as much quality time with them as possible. I know for single parents its not always that easy, but at least 15 to 20 minutes here and there will create positive, lasting memories for them.

For example: I woke up early last weekend and began washing my car around 8 a.m. As I walked in the garage and hit the button to let the garage door up I saw a sudden flash of movement. I automatically yelled for my son. It was a small, very light colored lizard -- ewwwww!! I felt bad afterwards for waking him up & told him so. He said it was okay and chose to stay outside with me to help wash the car (even after I told him he could go back to bed). My daughter was still in bed -- getting her beauty rest of course! This wasn't a big event but it resulted in bonding time for us.

Thursday morning at 9 a.m. my little man will be walking across a stage to accept his diploma. I hope that he will mature and become more responsible for his actions as he grows older and understand that for everything that a person does in life, there are consequences to be faced. I pray that he will choose the path less traveled and live for God and not the momentary pleasures of this world.

No comments: