Monday, May 16, 2005

Lifestyles of the wealthy college student

I know that those with wealth are not perfect but I would have never imagined some of the things written by an adjunct professor on her blog about students at a local prestigous college. I admit, I visited the blog, read a few posts and found myself wanting to read more (hey, it is quite interesting, somewhat frustrating as well, due to the fact that I work my butt off -- without outside assistance -- to finish college assignments and turn in reports by the due date. Not to mention that I'm doing this while maintaining a full-time job and performing parental duties).

I found out about the blog after reading an article in today's local newspaper (on-line version). Although the stories are quite interesting, it is a shame that this professor wrote about very private/personal conversations with students. She could have been more discrete in describing those she talked about (at least enough to the point that whoever visited her blog would NOT be able to figure out that she is talking about their college and possibly the person reading at the time as well). Now that the college administrators (and students and other faculty members) are aware of her identity, she is no longer employed there.

I can't help but wonder, what made them feel so confident & secure that they would share such personal information with a professor. I guess I'm not so quick to share the most intimate or private details of my life with others. To me, some things are better off kept between you and God.

Do I see a movie in the making???

No comments: