Saturday, July 17, 2004

I Feel Like Venting

At times, I feel like my tolerance level is a little too low.  Some things just really get under my skin.  For instance, I have told a particular friend more than once that it bothers me when he says that he will call me back and doesn't.  Why even say you're going to call later if there is the slightest chance that you won't.  Especially if someone tells you that it bothers them.  Just say 'goodbye' or 'I'll talk to you later'.  It bothers me to the point that sometimes I feel like I don't even want to talk to him anymore (like now).
 
Even more irritating is the Jr. Banana Split that Sonic has been advertising constantly on television.  I've been craving it for several days now.  Friday night around 10 p.m. I decide to go get one.  I get there, place my order and the carhop brings it out within 5 minutes.  To be honest, I couldn't even tell what was in her hand!  She gets to my window, hands it to me and takes my money - $1.07.  I'm like, is this it?!!  If it hadn't been so late and I didn't want it so bad, I would have told her to keep it and drove off.  This thing was sooooooo little.  It was almost funny.  It looked NOTHING like the banana split in the commercials (imagine that).  I have been tempted to send an e-mail to Sonic's corporate office or the parent company -- whoever is responsible for taking customer complaints (if you know me at all you know that I have no problem sending letters when I am dissatisfied).  The banana was less than half the size of a regular banana.  It was barely a scoop of soft serve ice cream.  I know what you're thinking, for a buck  o-seven, what do you expect.  I'm telling you - it was not worth it.  Talk about false advertisment.  And to top it off, it didn't satisfy my craving.  I'm STILL wanting something.  I guarantee you I won't be buying another Jr. Banana Split.  Maybe I'll spend $2 to $3 bucks on a Dairy Queen Blizzard (hmmm).  Well, I feel better now that I've gotten it out.  If you really want to feel my frustration, go buy one (Jr. Banana Split) -- tell me what you think.  :) 

1 comment:

Ayaba said...

I say send the email. Complaining gets results. I complained about flowers that I sent and got free ones out of the deal. Nothing like craving something and being disappointed like that.