Wednesday, July 21, 2004

When all you can do is sit back and . . . . think

This has been an interesting week so far.  Things took a different turn for me over the weekend and now I find myself minus a friend.  When I took time to think about it, the term 'friend' didn't really fit, 'acquaintance' is more fitting.  I have cut all contact except for a few exchanged text messages today (to get my key back).  I'll admit I'm not totally happy about my decision but I am certain it is for the best.  I am too old to play games or have my time wasted by another adult.  Hanging with my girlfriends is something I enjoy but on the other hand, I do enjoy hanging with a male friend as well.  In this particular case, I am not desperate to the point where I don't want to be alone (which is how I spent my weekend).  Actually, I wasn't alone, Diesel (my Boxer) was there :). 

Maybe I'm expecting to much from a man.  I was out of the dating scene for over 8 years and as of 3 years ago -- I am once again a single woman.  I guess I expect men that I meet to be like me; honest, upfront about what they're interested in, no ulterior motives, etc.  Is that asking too much?

I spent alot of time thinking and came to the conclusion that I need to re-focus my thoughts more on growing spiritually, taking care of my children, improving my finances, becoming more physically fit and furthering my education (this should keep me occupied for awhile).  I am now enrolled at not 1, but 2 community colleges.  I'll decide which one I'll attend once I get my degree plan (to see how many credits will transfer) from the 2nd college.  College #2 is closer but I only need 60 credit hours at Colleg #1.  College #2 requires 67 credit hours.  I'm not trying to attend college longer than is necessary.  I'm feeling better already!  To top it off, a major financing deal came through for my employer yesterday.  What does this mean for me -- job security (for awhile anyway) and hopefully a bonus or pay raise.  I'll take either one - or both.  I'm looking forward to heading to the track this evening.  I might even jog/walk further than my normal 2 miles.

No comments: