Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Music - Therapy for Your Mind & Soul

I am a music lover. I like a variety; R&B, hip-hop, gospel/christian, some jazz. Music tends to brighten my mood when I'm not feeling as cheerful as I should be. It makes housecleaning alot more exciting. It frees your mind and allows you to escape whatever it is that has you confined at that particular time. I especially like listening to music while to/from work. There is nothing worse than rush hour traffic (in Dallas). On my way to work this morning I was listening to 970AM (Heaven 97). My eyes lit up when I heard the introduction of the song that was about to play; Speak to My Heart (performed by Donnie McClurkin). These lyrics are so appropriate for me at this point in my life. This is a rather lengthy song but here's a few lines that are more inspiring to me:
Speak to my heart Holy Spirit
Give me the words that will bring new life
Words with the wings of the morning
The dark night will fade, Speak to my heart now,
Speak to my heart Holy Spirit
Message of love to encourage me
Lifting my heart from despair
How you love me and care for me
Speak to my heart

Speak to my heart Lord
Give me your Holy Word
If I can hear from you
Then I'll know what to do
I won't go alone, I'll never go on my own
Just Let Your Spirit guide and let your word abide

While at work, I listen to 94.9 KLTY. The song that really captured my ear this morning was Every Move I Make, performed by Out of Eden. More lyrics that are in tune with how I am trying to live my life:
Every move I make I make in You
You make me move, Jesus
Every breath I take I breathe in You

Every step I take - I take in You
You are my way, Jesus
Every breath I take I breathe in You

Waves of mercy, Waves of grace
Everywhere I look I see Your face
Your love has captured me
Oh my God, this love how can it be

There's nothing like an inspiring song to brighten your day and remind us that it is not all about us, but all about HIM.

No comments: